Saturday, November 5, 2011

Red River Fly Fishers Get Together

Today I went to the RRFF November get together held in Sherman, Tx. Jerry Hammon, President of RRFF did a great job organizing the event. There were Kayak demos provided by Mariner Sales. There was lots of talking about fly fishing and the different types of equipment from fly rods to tying flies. Listening to these veteran fly fisherman and women gave me the itch to pick up my fly rod again. The delicious lunch was cooked and prepared by Mr.Hammon and members of the RRFF club. I was very impressed with the friendly, good hearted nature of the people in the club. they made me feel welcome the minute I stepped out of my truck. It was a very relaxed and comfortable event held at a local Sherman lake. It started out cool in the morning. But warmed up very nicely to a bright blue bird day.  If we could have talked mother nature in to letting the wind lay a tad it would have been better. But hey, Any day outside in Gods country is a good day in my book.
http://www.rrff.org/

Shaun

No comments:

Post a Comment